A place to talk about bees.
I put my new hive on the base I built, flight opening facing east-south east and put a piece of plywood in front of it for two days (It was not necessary, but it helps/forces bees to reorient themselves as to where they are at).
I followed what was happening and noticed that most cold winds on open field came from eastern direction and nothing had crown up yet to prevent it from reaching the hive, so a week later I turned the hive a quarter towards west, so now it faces south-south west and is a bit more protected from direct wind.
Once the hive was in place I changed the wire mesh top to styrofoam one the next day so it would be warmer inside. I removed the restrictions from flying path as well.
I made a simple base where you put two two by fours 545 mm apart and four studs spaced 450 mm apart on both ends. Idea is to have space for two hives and enough space in between the hives to be able to put hive parts there while doing maintenance.
This makes the base about 2 meters long. Since the base is same size as a hive box and the base for hive box is a bit larger than that I had to put some planks on top of my base that were about 570 mm long and put the hive on top of that.
Overall this base works just the way I wanted it to, there is four 200x200x200 mm cinder blocks under the base corners and I have plenty of air space under my hives as it is now.
I transported the hive in my car. I had to wait for the evening time so all bees had come back from their daily trips before starting the move..
On top of the hive I put a wire mesh top so it would ventilate well during transport.
Foam rubber was used to block bees from flying out from their normal flying hole.
Whole package was tied with tie down straps.
I bought myself a bee hive to aid in plant pollination.